Rosmini Institute of Charity is a not-for-profit organisation based in rural areas of Tanzania, where they strive to empower and assist in the development of communities. Founded in 1939, RIC adopts a holistic approach to development by challenging disadvantaged communities to be part of the development process while addressing core issues that confront their livelihoods, survival and development. Their focus is on education, health and community development in the Tanga region of Tanzania.
RIC is currently providing support to thousands of people in rural Tanzania through health centres, schools and community health programmes. However, it is currently depending on outside funding and its aim is to become financially sustainable through the use of its own resources for income generation. To achieve this, a Farm Manager Volunteer is required to build capacity by developing the 800 acre Rosmini Farm in Kwalukonge, Tanzania, as well as two smaller farms in the region into a sustainable business.
Benefits of Volunteering with VMM International
Volunteering with VMM International comes with a range of advantages and incentives for volunteers. This is a fully funded post: volunteers are provided with a generous living allowance, return flights, free accommodation, orientation training, specialist insurance and more.
Other benefits include membership of VMM International’s community of volunteers and members, numerous professional development opportunities, as well as the privilege of making a significant contribution to the lives of the vulnerable and disadvantaged. All volunteers are asked to fundraise in the region of €1500 toward their placement. We offer significant support for this.
The Farm Manager Volunteer will report to the Regional Director and be responsible for developing the agricultural assets of RIC into a sustainable business. The post-holder will ensure that deliverables are achieved by fulfilling this primary function. You will provide:
- A lead role developing processes for optimum utilisation of RIC’s agricultural resources to achieve self-reliance and long term financial sustainability for the organisation’s operations
- A lead role in facilitating productive utilisation of RIC farms, including 800 acres in Kwalukonge, Korogwe District, 300 acres in Mukembe near Tanga, and 20 acres in Muheza district
- Long term & daily planning, organisation, supervision and administration of activities on the said farms
- Management of farm personnel, giving the person and his team the chance to work directly with the land and see visible results for their efforts.
VMM International is seeking an experienced and dedicated volunteer. The assignment will be ideal for a person with wide practical expertise and hands-on experience in running an agricultural set-up or farm dealing with crop production and livestock development. The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in farm management, preferably in a developing country
- Have the ability to give clear, articulate narrative and financial reports
- Be able to train a counterpart
If you are a determined individual seeking an opportunity in international development and looking to contribute to the lives of the poorest, email your CV and a cover letter in strictest confidence to for further information.
The closing date for applications is 21st March 2019.