|VMM Chief Executive Officer – CEO|
|Term of post||Permanent – subject to satisfactory completion of nine months probationary period. Applicant to confirm legal right to be in paid employment in UK & Ireland.|
|Salary and Conditions||The salary is in the range of €45,000 to €50,000, depending on experience. VMM operates a defined contribution employee pension scheme.|
|Hours||Full time post (37.5 hours minimum per week)
The person appointed will work on a flexible basis which will include some weekend work and travel
|Reporting to||The Board of Trustees|
|Job Location||VMM Office in Dublin|
VMM is a Christian non-government organisation (NGO) and Charity that traditionally has recruited, trained, placed and supported skilled and experienced volunteers to work with Church and local organisations in Africa funded through government grants, charitable trusts and voluntary donations. In recent years VMM has also introduced a programme of placing short term self-funded volunteers.
Founded 50 years ago in the UK VMM is a registered charity within Ireland, England/Wales and Scotland with offices in Dublin and Liverpool and a field office base in Kenya. VMM works with people and communities regardless of religion, politics or social status.
The new CEO will lead the organisation through the next exciting phase of its development and growth while reviewing its strategic plan and working on a new one from 2020. Reporting to the Trustee Board, the CEO will provide strategic leadership and manage VMM in accordance with its mission, vision and values. S/he will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening VMM’s mission as a small but significant Christian volunteering organisation in the international development context in Ireland, England & Wales and Scotland as well as building relationships and demonstrating impact externally.
The CEO will lead a small team of paid and volunteer staff based in our Dublin, Liverpool and East Africa offices that support our volunteers working with partner organisations in Africa. The post-holder will work closely with the Board and will provide clear and visible leadership to develop the Charity and implement its Strategic Framework.
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- Deliver the vision and mission of VMM through VMM’s staff and volunteers, supporters, partners, funders, other charities & NGOs and the general public, promoting an understanding of its place in international development as appropriate
- Ensure the selection and development of VMM’s volunteers in the spirit of VMM, through preparation and experience of service to others in our partner countries
- Secure and manage the funding necessary to sustain the charity and build the organisation’s relationships with partners and funders
- Ensure compliance with best financial practice and governance standards
- Develop the organisation’s policies and business plans and ensure their effective implementation
- Ensure internal and external accountability and a culture of high performance within the organisation and with VMM Partners in a context of increasing demands from funders, supporters and regulators for transparency and keeping people safe
- Meet performance targets agreed with the Board
- Be responsible for communicating VMM’s policies and practices to partner organisations and their beneficiaries, the general public and VMM’s supporters
Please follow the link for a full job description, personal specifications and details of how to apply.