VMM International is looking for an IT, Dissemination & Communications Manager for an EU-funded consortium project “EU Aid Volunteers – Volunteering for Humanity”. The project involves technical assistance and capacity development of VMM International and 3 European volunteer sending organisations.
VMM International has 50 years of work in volunteering and international development. Almost 3,000 professional volunteers have been placed with our partner organisations in over 30 countries around the world. Our head office is in Dublin and we also have offices in Liverpool and Kenya.
The position is based in Dublin and the candidate will be working with a small team of dedicated staff in the VMM International Dublin office, while liaising with other Consortium members based in France, Lithuania and Slovakia; and with the associated consultants, who will provide training to the consortium members. For more information on the EU Aid volunteer programme, see here: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/what/humanitarian-aid/eu-aid-volunteers_en .
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT/Communications Specialist to manage our external and internal communications within the Consortium and beyond; as well as project related dissemination work; and the development of a network platform of shared communications and open tools.
This is a 24-month appointment, 4 days a week. (€31,625 pro rata)
- Set up and maintain an e-learning system (Webinars)
- Determine, set up and maintain Consortium project communication tool/software (Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Implement and maintain project Dissemination Plan
- Collaborate with Consortium partners and develop a network platform of shared communications and open tools
- Participate in Consortium meetings to further define the dissemination needs and goals and obtain recommendations of key informants in which to build an audience and partnership database
- Lead the planning of external and internal PR events
- Work with the communications officer to manage internal and external communication
- Draft content for mass media and Consortium members’ websites
- Ensure a high presence of the Consortium project across the internet
- Identify suitable local and international peer partners to join the network platform
- Proven experience as a communications/marketing/IT specialist
- BSc/BA in public relations, marketing, communications, IT field
- Working knowledge of MS Office;
- A good command of Social media platforms, Google analytics, Google AdWords;
- Command over Photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Experience in web design (particularly WordPress) and content production is a plus
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proficient command of English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Ability to develop, maintain, and utilise relationships with key stakeholders
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by: 5pm – 28 February, 2019.
Interviews are expected to be conducted the week beginning March 1, 2019.
Start date: March 15, 2019, or sooner. Location: Dublin, Ireland.
VMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.