VMM International is looking for a part-time Project Assistant for an EU-funded consortium project “EU Aid Volunteers: Volunteering for Humanity”. The project involves technical assistance and capacity development of VMM International and 3 European volunteer sending organisations.
VMM International has 50 years of work in volunteering and international development. Almost 3,000 professional volunteers have been placed with our partner organisations in over 30 countries around the world. Our head office is in Dublin and we also have offices in Liverpool and Kenya.
The position is based in Dublin and the candidate will be working with a small team of dedicated staff in the VMM International Dublin office, while assisting a Project Manager in liaising with other Consortium members based in France, Lithuania and Slovakia; and with the associated consultants, who will provide training to the consortium members. For more information on the EU Aid volunteer programme, see here: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/what/humanitarian-aid/eu-aid-volunteers_en .
Enthusiastic and proactive Project Assistant (PA) will work collaboratively with our team on this specific and other possible projects. In this role, the PA will carry out administrative tasks delegated by the project manager. The PA will be expected to liaise with vendors, service providers, and Consortium members to follow up with the logistics, and generally, ensure that the administrative support is provided on time and on budget. The role requires a highly organized, pro-active person capable of prioritising tasks while working independently.
The appointment is until 31st December 2020, 2.5 days a week (Salary: Eur 23,500 pro rata).
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and team to ensure effective administrative support
- Deal with the matters associated with the training/workshop/visits organisation
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Implement administrative aspects of the project
- Monitor budget and help to ensure resources are used efficiently and all supporting documents are in place
- Organize and maintain filing system
- Drafting documents, sub-contracts, desktop research, as required
- Any other duties as maybe required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum 1 years relevant work experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in proposal writing / report writing an added advantage
- Keen attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to proactively address potential issues
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Positive personality
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
Applications to email@example.com by: 5pm – 1st March, 2019.
Interviews are expected to be conducted the week beginning 4th March, 2019.
Start date: March 18, 2019, or sooner. Location: Dublin, Ireland.
The role will be vetted according to VMM International’s Safeguarding Policy.
VMM is an equal opportunities employer.