VMM International are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to oversee our finance management and support our programme team. Salary circa €30k to €35k (or equivalent in sterling if based in Liverpool) commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications.
This job will be for three full days and possibly more in the first instance. The role is initially for six months but could become permanent. Experience in the charitable sector and in the use of SAGE is desirable but not essential.
A Qualified Accountant is desirable but applicants with suitable practical experience will be considered for the role.
Duties will include:
• Contribution to the production of annual statutory accounts.
• Producing monthly management accounts including month end procedures
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget
• Reconciling and managing restricted and unrestricted income
• Providing the financial information required to meet donor needs and expectations
• Entry of day to day transactions and the processing of bank payments
• Processing of the monthly payroll using Thesaurus Payroll
Support with general office management and administration will also form part of the role as we work as a very tightly knit team.
You will work closely with our Executive Director of International Development and Volunteering and will benefit from the experience of our volunteer accountant, training and handover.
The location of the role will be either in Dublin or Liverpool.
If you would like to discuss the role further please call our Dublin office on 01 8734562 to speak with Louise Talbot Beirne.
To apply, please send an up-to-date curriculum vitae (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities) along with a covering letter of application presenting how you fit the needs of this role and why you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is the 16th March, 2018.