Short Term Coordinator
International Programme Officer
The Volunteer Mission Movement (VMM) is a faith-based volunteering and development organisation that works closely with and for the benefit of the economically, socially and politically marginalised throughout Africa.
VMM has worked in developing countries for almost 50 years now, and has placed over 3,000 volunteers on long term placements with our overseas partners throughout Africa. Having recently developed our short term placement programme aimed at providing volunteering opportunities to people of all ages and backgrounds, we now send individuals and teams to our overseas partners to assist in educational and community development projects.
VMM’s main international office is based in Dublin, Ireland; with regional offices in Liverpool, UK and Kitale, Kenya.
VMM are looking to appoint an international programme officer who will lead our short term programme from our Dublin office. This person will be an outgoing individual with a keen interest in development issues, and a proven ability to manage volunteers. Working to expand and maintain VMM’s short term programme, this person will liaise with our overseas partners to develop short term placements and be responsible for the recruitment of volunteers, placement planning, and all administrative duties that this entails.
The role will include the following duties:
- Coordinate VMM’s short term programme in the UK & Ireland
- Liaise with our overseas partner organisations to plan logistics of placements, including risk assessments
- Manage marketing activities for the short term programme, including website, blogs and social media as well as print media
- Manage recruitment activities for the short term programme
- Liaise closely with the International Programme Manager on the planning of bespoke short term placements;
- Responsible for the full short term volunteer cycle, including training workshops, support while overseas and post-return support and debriefing
- Ensure a high standard of monitoring and evaluation of the short term programme
- Attend any relevant training sessions and volunteer fairs related to short term volunteering or broader development issues;
- Act as Child Safeguarding Officer of VMM in Ireland
- Assist with the administrative duties of VMM’s parish promotions, which includes managing the parish promotion yearly planner and organizing relevant volunteers to assist.
- Any other duties as required of the role
Required experience/ qualities:
- Overseas volunteering experience;
- Volunteer management experience;
- Keen understanding of international development issues;
- Undergraduate degree in any field;
- An excellent multitasker who can prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines;
- An ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with overseas partner organisations;
- An open-minded individual who has a good understanding of cross-cultural issues and can easily adapt to varying situations;
- Impressive communications skills, with an ability to engage students and young individuals in development issues.
- Qualification in the field of International Development;
- A proven ability to convert interest into commitment
- An appreciation of the value of faith based developed.
This position is a 28 hour per week role, with a level of flexibility available. The pro rata salary is €28,571.00 per annum. There is an opportunity for commission added to salary based target achievements.
The role will be vetting according to VMM’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Policy
If you are interested in applying for this exciting position, please email your CV, along with a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience relate to the key elements stated above, to our International Programme Manager at .
Application deadline is Noon on 17th January.
Interviews will be held on the afternoon of 18th January.
Start date for the role will be Monday 23rd January.