VMM International is looking for a project manager to lead an EU-funded consortium project “EU Aid Volunteers – Volunteering for Humanity”. The project involves technical assistance and capacity development of VMM and 3 European volunteer sending organisations.
VMM International has 50 years of work in volunteering and international development. Almost 3,000 professional volunteers have been placed with our partner organisations in over 30 countries around the world. Our head office is in Dublin and we also have offices in Liverpool and Kenya.
The position is based in Dublin and you will directly lead a small team of project- dedicated staff while liaising with other staff members of VMM International and the consortium organisations (based in France, Lithuania and Slovakia). You will also be working with those contracted to provide training to the consortium members. For more information on the EU Aid volunteer programme, see here: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/what/humanitarian-aid/eu-aid-volunteers_en .
The position is a 24-month appointment – 39 hours per week. As EU AID Volunteer Project Manager you will:
- Lead our current and possible future EU AID volunteer projects, including ensuring that the project is on track and ensuring compliance by the other consortium members;
- Monitor that the project is implemented in accordance with the project agreement
- Coordinate the training elements of the project with the training providers
- Work closely with VMM International’s Financial Controller in managing the finances and budget for the project
- Be the intermediary for all communications between the consortium members and the Education, Culture and Audiovisual Executive Agency (EACEA)
- Support the 4 organisations in their preparation for certification as EU volunteer-sending organisations, in view of future participation in EUAV initiatives
- Lead possible upcoming deployment and capacity development calls by EACEA/EU AID volunteers
- Network with relevant stakeholders in and outside the Irish & European humanitarian and development Sector
- Be responsible for supplying all documents and information to the EACEA required under the project agreement
- Oversee the promotion of the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative paying specific attention to the importance of dissemination, exploitation of results of the action and to their visibility at a transnational level
- Have minimum 5 years of relevant experience within Project Management, preferably in an international context
- Have strong experience of managing/working on EU grant funded projects
- Have solid knowledge and experience with the humanitarian sector and humanitarian aid in general, including comprehensive knowledge of development issues
- Strong experience with facilitation and coordination of larger, international projects
- Are a strong team player
- Are fully proficient in oral and written English
- Have a relevant academic degree within development studies, humanitarian studies, project management or similar
- Have intercultural work experience, or as a minimum experience with an international NGO and/or civil society organisation
- Are detail-oriented and comfortable taking the lead on operational / compliance work
- Hold a flexible and open mind and enjoy an informal working environment and
- Are culturally sensitive – genuinely respecting and valuing others, including colleagues with a different background or approach than you
- Have a diplomatic approach and think constructively
Applications to email@example.com by: 5pm – 20th Jan 2019.
Interviews are expected to be conducted the week beginning 28th January 2019.
Start date: 20 February 2019, or sooner. Location: Dublin, Ireland.
The role will be vetting according to VMM’s Safeguarding Policy
Candidates should note – in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early on in the process, VMM International reserves the right to make an appointment even before the published deadline. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.