VMM are seeking an active, self-motivated International Programme Assistant intern to work in our Dublin office as part of our International Programme team. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills for a career in International Development or before undertaking an overseas role.
VMM is a value based international development organisation. We recruit, train and support professionally qualified personnel to work in areas of great need in developing regions of Africa.
VMM aims to build the capacity of its grass roots partners in overseas countries by supporting projects that advance education, health and community initiatives that service the relief of poverty. These objectives are achieved through the building of partnerships with church, civic and community organisations and the identification of the immediate and long term community capacity building needs. Where the human resource requirements cannot be met locally, VMM meets these needs by recruiting skilled professionals from the UK and Ireland to fill these positions as volunteers. We work with people and communities regardless of religion, politics or social status.
The role can be tailored to your skills and the areas in which you would like to develop. Duties can include but are not limited to:
- Acting as assistant to the International Programme Manager
- Working closely with the International Programme Manager on a range of project funding applications and reporting.
- Volunteer support and reporting
- Assisting with policy writing and implementation
- Assisting with delivery of VMM’s pre-departure training
- Contributing to monitoring and evaluation of overseas projects.
- Assisting with recruitment activities (advertising, job descriptions, interviewing, etc)
- Leading on certain funding applications
- Office administration
Benefits to the intern:
- Hands-on experience with applications to institutional funders and grants; project cycle management; monitoring and evaluation; and volunteer management in a professional environment
- Independence in an internship position while receiving training, support and supervision
- Being an equal member of a fun, professional and dynamic team
- Opportunity to work in and learn about VMM international and the international development sector in Ireland
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong general IT skills
- Organised and the ability to be independent and self-driven.
- Creativity and adaptability
- Familiarity with the international development sector and the role of volunteer sending agencies (VSAs)
- Keen interest in social justice and participatory development
- Respect for the Vision and Mission of VMM
- Overseas volunteering experience
- Database management experience
- Qualification in international development
- Knowledge of the faith-based development sector
For more information call Louise Talbot Beirne at our Dublin office on 01 873 4562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Apply with CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday 20th July. Interviews will take place on Monday 24th July, shortlisted candidates will be informed on Friday 21st.