Volunteering for long term posts
Our long term posts are specialised roles working with our partners for one and sometimes two years. We welcome applicants from all ages and backgrounds. All applicants should be over 21 years of age and should have relevant skills and experience to bring to the placement that they are applying for. To see all current posts click here
Our volunteer recruitment process follows the recommendations made by Comhlámh’s Code of Good Practice for volunteer sending agencies.
How to Apply
To apply for one of our open roles:
- Send a cover letter and your CV, detailing how your experience and qualifications are relevant to the advertised role to:
- Following review of your application you may be asked to attend an interview at the VMM office in Dublin, Glasgow or Liverpool.
- Then complete a Garda Vetting/DBS/Disclosure Scotland forms, medical and relevant forms – all of our volunteers are vetted as part of our Child Safeguarding procedures.
- Commit to fundraising. This one off donation assists VMMs programmes and project expenses.
- You will also attend a mandatory pre-departure training course. The course is assisted by online resources and will be held in Ireland or England before your departure.