Volunteering for Short Term roles with VMM
Our Short Term roles consist of volunteer work with our partners for two weeks to 6 months. We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds, on a year round basis. All applicants should be at least 18 years of age. We can find anyone a placement, from the recent school leaver to the experienced retiree. Just let us know what you like to do and what you’re good at, and we’ll find a placement with one of our partner organisations that suits you down to the ground.
Steps to becoming a VMM Short Term Volunteer:
- Firstly, complete the VMM short term application form and return it to VMM by emailing it to:
- Following review of your application you will be asked to attend an interview at the VMM office in Dublin or Liverpool, or by phone, to assist us in determining the placement most suitable for you.
- Complete a Garda Vetting/DBS forms, medical and relevant forms – all of our volunteers are vetted as part of our Child Safeguarding procedures.
- Commit to fundraising. In return, we will provide your accommodation, food, training and project management. Flight and visa costs are additional and can be discussed further with VMM staff.
- You will also attend a mandatory pre-departure training course. The course is assisted by online resources and will be held in Ireland or England before your departure.
If you have any questions about volunteering with VMM, , our programme coordinator!
Our volunteer process follows the recommendations made by Comhlámh’s Code of Good Practice for volunteer sending agencies, and we have been awarded Comprehensive Compliance in all of our audits.