Volunteering for Short Term posts
Our Short Term posts consist of volunteer work with our partners for four to eight weeks. We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds, on a year round basis. All applicants should be at least 18 years of age. Most positions to not require any skills, just desire to learn and give to others. Specialized projects may require specific skills and experience to bring to the placement so please note this in your application. Positions are linked to teaching, health, environment or building projects.
Steps to becomming a VMM Short Term Volunteer
- Firstly, complete the Short term volunteer application form below and return it with your CV to VMM by emailing it to:
- Following review of your application you may be asked to attend an interview at the VMM office in Dublin or Liverpool to assist us in determining the placement most suitable for you.
- Complete a Garda Vetting/DBS forms, medical and relevant forms – all of our volunteers are vetted as part of our Child Safeguarding procedures.
- Commit to fundraising/payment. This will provide your accommodation, food, training and project management. Flight costs and insurance are additional and can be discussed further with VMM staff.
- You will also attend a mandatory pre-departure training course. The course is assisted by online resources and will be held in Ireland or England before your departure.
For any further questions or queries about the short term programme please visit our FAQs section or contact our office.
Our volunteer recruitment process follows the recommendations made by Comhlámh’s Code of Good Practice for volunteer sending agencies.