Finance Assistant (volunteer internship)
VMM International are looking for a volunteer intern to support our finance function, which is critical to the success of our international development programmes throughout Africa.
The intern will be involved in:
– Assisting in the preparation of the annual audit of the financial statements
– Assisting in the Preparation of financial reports to the board and donors
– Banking and cash reconciliation
– Design and implementation of new financial procedures
– Partner and invoice payment processing, monitoring, and confirming disbursement release/receipt
– Updating and organising databases
– Data entry and filing
The intern will learn how financial management works in an international NGO. Working closely with our financial controller they will get hands-on experience working with institutional donor funds and overseas partners. Perfect for a graduate looking for experience in the field of non-profit management, accounting or finance, we are looking for someone with a lot of common sense and the ability to problem-solve and work independently. They must be comfortable handling multiple assignments effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, have a high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality and be confident using Microsoft Office.
Position will require a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Suitable applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled, so please apply immediately if interested.